Focus Care Charge Nurse job vacancy in WellQuest of Menifee Lakes – Jobs in California
Looking for a New Job? hindityping.net is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in WellQuest of Menifee Lakes & they are Hiring Candidates for Focus Care Charge Nurse
Company Name : WellQuest of Menifee Lakes
Company Location : Menifee, CA 92584
Job Position : Focus Care Charge Nurse
Job Category : Jobs in California
Job Description :
Charge Nurse will effectively establish and maintain the highest possible quality of life for each cognitively impaired Meadow Wing/Focused Care resident through appropriate program management. Must also be able to promote good leadership management in dealing with staff related issues and resident family issues. Will also be in-charge of calling doctors for any resident health issues and also be in-charge in communicating to resident’s family for any resident needs and health concerns.
Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Have some knowledge of Title 22 and all areas of dementia care for elderly residents. Must have also good effective management skills and public relations skills in dealing with families and doctors. Must have at least two (2) years experience working with cognitively impaired residents. Licensed nurse. Must also have current basic first aide certificate and is also physically fit to perform specified duties and responsibilities.
1. Manages all aspects of the day to day operations of the Meadow Wing/ Focused Care Unit with direct supervision of the Program Director.
Will be in-charge of calling residents families and physicians for all resident needs and issues.
Will make sure that transportation and escorts are arranged if Menifee Lakes is taking them.
Will order medication refills and set up medications
Make sure to check posted schedules and there is full coverage for the next day before punching out.
Document in the Communication Book & Resident Notes on a daily basis any Un-usual events or resident behavior that the shift leader has reported.
Charge Nurse must initial the bottom page of the Communication Book after they have read the notes. This acknowledges that they have read the notes. They must also read the notes going back from the last day that they work.
Should always review incident report that is happening on any shift and report to the Program Director or in the absence of the Program Director, the on site manager.
2. Must maintain a well clean, safe and odor free unit at all times.
Must do at least once a week rounds on all residents room.
Must report right away to the Maintenance Director for any hazard found in residents room
If there is odor noticed on a resident’s room it should be reported right away to Environmental Service Director or any on site manager.
Should be able to direct housekeeper if there are areas that needs special cleaning such as soiled carpets or stains on furniture.
3. Must maintain proper documentation on resident charts and communication
sheets at all time.
Should always read daily communication book before every shift.
Make sure that the Post Admission documentation is being done for any new
Must make sure that all state required papers are in place and to notify
Program Director for any missing sheets.
Must make sure that all residents yearly physical are up to date and if not to
make sure to schedule physical for them ASAP.
4. Is well informed of ever changing governing regulations, including Title22.
Must attend seminars that is about Alzheimer’s / Dementia related Disease.
5. Oversees resident’s medications and treatments under the supervision of the
Follow Medication Protocol
Will make sure that resident’s medication is poured correctly.
Will be in-charge of logging in new medication in log Book.
Any new treatments – must explain to the Shift Leader how it is to be administered and how often.
Treatment Bags – must have the updated Medication Sheet and Treatment Bag must have all the ordered medication in the bag.
6. Over sees PCA’S and Shift Leader issues in the absence of the Program
Director and report them right away to the Assistant Executive director or
7. Have thorough knowledge of the Palo Commons policy per handbook.
8. Other duties, functions and responsibility may be assigned to the position,
As the Menifee Lakes management feels is necessary and appropriate.
9. Outdated job description does not relieve an employee of his/ her
Responsibility to perform the full scope of duties, function and
Responsibilities of his/her position, as requested or assigned.
10. Attend all mandatory and monthly staff meetings and complete the Annual Required 10 Hours for Training.
11. Forms are updated by the Unit Coordinator Reliever every Wednesday. Unit Coordinators must use Updated forms and discard out dated forms.
12. Perform Nursing Skills within protocols of Menifee Lakes.
13. Medication discrepancies must be reported immediately to the Program Director/Asst. Executive Director/Executive Director.
Licenses & Certifications Required
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as hindityping.net