Help Desk Lead, Housing & Hospitality job vacancy in UCLA – Jobs in California
Looking for a New Job? hindityping.net is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in UCLA & they are Hiring Candidates for Help Desk Lead, Housing & Hospitality
Company Name : UCLA
Company Location : Los Angeles, CA
Job Position : Help Desk Lead, Housing & Hospitality
Job Category : Jobs in California
Job Description :
UCLA HOUSING & HOSPITALITY – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
CREATING ENVIRONMENTS THAT EMPOWER PEOPLE TO REACH THEIR FULLEST POTENTIAL
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of IT, Housing and Hospitality, Technology Operations and Student Technology Center (STC), the HHS IT/STC Help Desk Lead has responsibility for technical support and resolution of all incoming HHS IT/STC help desk requests through his/her own work and the work of the Help Desk team.
These activities include triage, prioritization, dispatch and assignment, resolution of complex requests, management of IT help desk queue, communication of issues to department management, reporting of help desk trends and patterns to be addressed globally, escalation of critical issues, supervision of Help Desk Analysts’ queues, and continuous improvement of help desk computer systems and processes.
The Help Desk Lead will be required to design new processes as needed and technically enhance existing processes to make the best use of people, materials, and time. Also responsible for determining output report formats to meet communication needs, designing formats for user interface and self-server web portal, including technical estimates for time and costs required.
Required to document and communicate the help desk processes within the department and to external user groups. Required to develop test plans and execute test plans to verify application changes to complex systems, thereby building knowledge in the Help Desk Team for resolution of complex issues after go-live.
Required to plan and conduct technical hands-on workshops to train user departments on best IT practices, techniques, design features, and methods for using various business software systems and applications.
Required to build the IT help desk knowledgebase composed of system use documentation, technical set up and maintenance of business applications, new hire/term submission forms, and user manuals.
UCLA Housing & Hospitality IT team members work onsite, hybrid, or fully remote, depending on requirements of the IT role.
The UCLA Housing & Hospitality Information Technology department consists of teams responsible for desktop support, administrative business systems, residential business systems, audio visual systems, administrative networking systems, residential networking systems, websites, and collaborates with a variety of UCLA campus departments. UCLA H&HS IT includes a Student Technology Center that supports UCLA residents during the academic year, and UCLA Conference guests during the summer.
The H&HS departments supported include H&H Administration business offices, Student Technology Center, Dining Services, Housing Services, Rooms Division, Housing Maintenance & Project Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Vending Services, Conference & Catering, University Apartments. H&H IT supports the UCLA hotel properties ? UCLA Meyer & Renee Luskin Conference Center, UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center, UCLA Guest House, and Summer Conference guests in our residential properties.
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. BS in Computer Sciences or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Demonstrated leadership skills to effectively lead the help desk team.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with networked PCs and virtual desktops in a Windows environment.
4. Demonstrated expert knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
5. Demonstrated expert knowledge with MS Outlook and Internet Explorer.
6. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory tools to complete network administration tasks.
7. Demonstrated expert knowledge of networking concepts & protocols, including TCP/IP.
9. Ability to evaluate and assess user interactions in order to create efficient and easy-to-use interfaces.
11. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of standard e-mail systems and protocols.
12. Working knowledge of Microsoft’s SMS or similar remote control/network administration applications.
13. Excellent telephone skills to convey the highest level of customer service.
14. Demonstrated oral communication skills to speak effectively to staff members at every level of the organization and convey highly technical information to customers who have wide variety of technical experience of their won, ranging from novice to expert.
15. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, co-workers, administrators, and vendors.
16. Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
17. Skills in working with frequent interruptions and competing priorities.
18. Interpersonal skills to work effectively and diplomatically with staff, faculty, and administrators.
19. Flexibility in accepting new or special assignments on short notice to enable the department to cover essential functions or meet organizational goals.
20. Ability to exercise independent judgment where no formal policy exists.
21. Working knowledge of Help Desk Ticket Tracking systems, such as KACE or ServiceNow, or comparable.
22. Ability to quickly and independently learn and adjust to changing technology and environments.
23. Familiarity with the administrative and/or development operations of a major university.
24. Demonstrated leadership experience managing a technical Service Desk/customer support operation with a diverse customer base.
25. Ability to lift computers and packages weighing up to 35 pounds (assistance can be provided if necessary).
26. Knowledge of safe working and lifting guidelines.
27. Ability to drive a university vehicle including an electric cart.
28. Ability to work flexible schedules, including weekends and evenings if necessary.
Ability to work after normal business hours, weekends, and respond to emergency calls as necessary.
Additional Posting Information
External Posting Date:
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as hindityping.net