Looking for a New Job? hindityping.net is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in UCLA & they are Hiring Candidates for Humanities and Social Sciences Peer Learning Lab Coordinator
Company Name : UCLA
Company Location : Los Angeles, CA
Job Position : Humanities and Social Sciences Peer Learning Lab Coordinator
Job Category : Jobs in California
Job Description :
Under the direction and supervision of the Academic Advancement Program (AAP) Director of Peer Learning, the Humanities and Social Sciences Peer Learning Lab Coordinator is responsible for overall design, and the administrative and service delivery management of the Humanities and Social Sciences Peer Learning services for the academic year, summer sessions and Freshman Summer Program. Primary responsibilities and duties include the design of services offered by the Humanities and Social Sciences Peer Learning Lab, recruitment, hiring, evaluation, training and supervision of the Peer Learning staff, administrative and service delivery management of the Lab, planning, development and evaluation of service delivery systems, development of methods to evaluate the effectiveness of service delivery on the quality of AAP student educational experience, preparation of annual budget, oversight of payroll and budget expenditures, development and implementation of effective peer learning facilitator training materials and methods; development and maintenance of liaison relationships with faculty, academic departments and other campus and AAP programs.
AAP provides innovative programs and services to more than 6,000 UCLA undergraduates from diverse populations who have been historically underserved by higher education. AAP Peer Learning is a major unit within AAP which includes: peer learning services in Humanities and Social Sciences, and peer learning services in Math, Physical and Life Sciences. AAP Peer Learning services support the academic success, retention and graduation of the program’s students, to increase the number of these students entering graduate and professional schools and to develop the academic, political, scientific, economic and community leadership necessary to transform our society in the 21st century.
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. Ability to react sensitively and provide leadership in multi-cultural environments and to understand the academic and social realities of low-income, underrepresented, and first-generation students.
2. Detailed knowledge of current learning theory, especially with respect to higher education, composition pedagogy, and peer learning methodology.
3. Ability to assess current procedures and to develop new systems, guidelines, and procedures to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the component.
4. Working knowledge of central concepts of Humanities and Social Sciences disciplines at the university level and ability to utilize and apply knowledge to Peer Learning programs.
5. Skill in writing grammatically correct, concise, logical, and analytical correspondence, reports, proposals, and guidelines.
6. Ability to make oral group presentation in order to provide information, explain new and continuing procedures, policies and projects to departments, campus, and staff.
7. Skill in listening perceptively and responding in a manner that allows the other party to exchange ideas, information, and opinions.
8. Skill in interacting as a team member by working in a collaborative manner with all levels of personnel within the program.
9. Skill in directing and supervising the duties of others.
10. Skill in delegating and defining tasks and responsibilities and in clarifying priorities.
11. Ability to maintain equanimity in the face of resistance, indifference, and hostility.
12. Skill in working independently and creatively to follow through on assignments in a timely manner and with minimal direction.
13. Ability to handle an intense workload with considerable job demands.
14. Skill in problem solving by gathering data, analyzing, and synthesizing information, generating alternatives and implementing innovative and creative actions in order to enhance operational processes.
15. Ability to translate program goals into a coherent staff training program.
16. Working knowledge of payroll and budget preparation and maintenance.
17. Demonstrated skill and proficiency in using various computer application programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.), email (Outlook) and the Internet.
18. Ability to act as a counseling resource for AAP staff, students, and outside individuals with professional, academic and/or personal problems, questions and concerns.
19. Must be able to maintain a regular schedule and on-time attendance; be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Additional Posting Information
External Posting Date:
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as hindityping.net