Looking for a New Job? hindityping.net is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in UCLA & they are Hiring Candidates for Grounds Supervisor
Company Name : UCLA
Company Location : Los Angeles, CA
Job Position : Grounds Supervisor
Job Category : Jobs in California
Job Description :
Job Summary Statement: Under the broad direction of the Sr. Superintendent of Grounds or designee, incumbent is responsible for the supervision of 1 Lead Groundskeeper and approximately 22 Groundskeepers/Laborers. Responsible for the acceptable performance of grounds maintenance in such areas as mowing, edging, fertilizing, aerifying, renovating, and installing lawns. Directs all routine care of cultivated and surfaced areas. Inspects, and monitors ground area in his/her district. Interacts on a regular basis with clients, maintaining a positive and proactive relationship to insure that grounds are being properly maintained at a satisfactory level. Hire, train, evaluate and take disciplinary actions necessary on employees. Plan short/long range goals and objectives, costs analysis, and inventory control. Instruct and supervise groundskeepers in proper usage, care and maintenance of tools and equipment.
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. Working knowledge or principal aspects of horticultural work including plant identification, pest and disease identification, cultural requirements for commonly used plant materials, and thorough familiarity with all grounds maintenance operations including irrigation principles, as well as tools and equipment used.
2. Three years of broad experience in grounds maintenance of gardening, with a minimum of one year supervision of a grounds maintenance work force.
3. Skill in supervising and applying supervisory principles to grounds keeping workforce. Skill in motivating and encouraging individuals to work together as a team to achieve department goals/objectives.
4. Demonstrated ability to schedule and coordinate work projects, direct and inspect the work of subordinates, and resolve any inaccuracies in workmanship and/or correct customer concerns.
5. Skill in estimating material and labor requirements to accomplish tasks.
6. Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload, assignments, demanding deadlines, competing requirements, and heavy workload.
7. Skill in managing a variety of personnel related matters, i.e., employee training and evaluation, career development, interviewing and selection, employee relations and corrective action.
8. Ability to ensure high quality of grounds keeping service at level consistent with University and department standards.
9. Ability to project and maintain adequate levels of grounds keeping supplies and horticultural tools and equipment.
10. Working knowledge of standard safety practices and methods related to the grounds keeping trade.
11. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with peers, subordinates, supervisors, administrators, customers, visitors and outside agencies.
12. Skill in reading standard English text in order to follow through on written orders and carry out assignments.
13. Oral communication skills to obtain or convey clear, concise and grammatically correct information.
14. Ability to write standard English text using correct grammar and spelling to complete reports, forms and work orders that are accurate and easy to comprehend.
15. Skill in reading, understanding and interpreting administrative policy and procedure manuals.
16. Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload, frequent interruptions and/or distractions, deadlines or emergency repairs.
17. Ability to maintain good attendance.
18. Ability to stand, crawl, walk and stoop; push, pull and lift or lower objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in wet or humid weather, and in fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures. Ability to work under adverse situations and conditions, e.g., dirty, noisy, etc.
19. Must possess California Driver’s License, Class C, and ability to drive a University truck or other light vehicle in the course of duties.
20. Ability to respond to off-hour emergencies and overtime as required. Ability to work weekends.
21. Five years of broad experience in grounds maintenance or gardening in Parks and Recreation or large institution including one year in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
22. Working knowledge of personal computer and related software.
23. Possession of Forklift Certification.
Additional Posting Information
External Posting Date:
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as hindityping.net