Looking for a New Job? hindityping.net is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in NYC Campaign Finance Board & they are Hiring Candidates for Press Secretary
Company Name : NYC Campaign Finance Board
Company Location : New York, NY 10007
Job Position : Press Secretary
Job Category : Jobs in New York
Job Description :
Office Title: Press Secretary
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Civil Service Title/Level: CFB Analyst II
Department: Marketing & Digital Communications
Number of Positions: 1
Position Status: FULL-TIME
Salary: $85,000 – $95,000
Job ID #: 529663
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. We are dedicated to making our local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the information and resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and reduce the corrupting influence of money in politics by enhancing the impact of New Yorkers’ small-dollar contributions. You would be working with a staff and leadership that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement for the staff and the public. We provide flexible work hours and environment.
ABOUT THE UNIT/DEPARTMENT
The CFB seeks a Press Secretary to execute the agency’s media relations efforts and to serve as the CFB’s lead spokesperson. Reporting to the Director of Public Relations, the Press Secretary will secure earned media coverage for the agency and its programs, including the city’s Debate program and the NYC Votes campaign. The ideal candidate will be skilled at building relationships, possess a keen understanding of media and what makes a good story. The ideal candidate will demonstrate sound judgment, sharp political instincts, and connection to the mission and daily work of the CFB.
· Manages all aspects of media relations including drafting press releases, talking points, press conferences, and media appearances.
· Develops strong relationships with reporters and secures coverage to ensure voters are well informed about the agency’s work and programs.
· Primary on-record spokesperson for the agency responding to all media inquiries.
· Develops comprehensive knowledge of the campaign finance program and ensures that media coverage of the agency is fair and accurate.
· Prepares Board members and senior staff for public appearances and media interviews.
· Represents the Board at public meetings, conferences, and other events.
· Knowledge of campaign finance issues and NYC’s matching funds program.
· Experience working as on-record spokesperson.
· Experience pitching and placing stories in news publications.
· Experience writing remarks and talking points for public events.
· Experience with public speaking and presentation.
· Experience hiring and managing staff.
· Fluency in speaking and writing Spanish.
· Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, or the equivalent combination of education, experience, or certifications.
· Demonstrated ability to write compelling, clean copy for press releases, pitches, and opinion pieces, including strong headlines.
· Able to think creatively about media relations and how to tell the agency’s stories.
· Demonstrated relationships with NYC reporters, particularly reporters on the City Hall or politics beats, either in a public relations capacity or as a journalist.
· High interest in and keen understanding of NYC politics, voter engagement, and democratic reform issues.
· A minimum of 3 years professional experience in journalism or public relations at a political, governmental, or non-profit organization.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH NYC JOBS/EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE (ESS) WEBSITE
Ø Please select the following link to apply directly to this vacancy: PRESS SECRETARY
Ø Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact access@ nyccfb.info or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
10 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as hindityping.net