Director of Education job vacancy in Smithtown Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing Care – Jobs in New York
Looking for a New Job? hindityping.net is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Smithtown Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing Care & they are Hiring Candidates for Director of Education
Company Name : Smithtown Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing Care
Company Location : Smithtown, NY 11787
Job Position : Director of Education
Job Category : Jobs in New York
Job Description :
· Chairs the Quality of Education and Recruitment/Retention committee and runs monthly meetings.
· Schedules CPR classes for licensed staff. Ensures all licensed staff are CPR certified.
· Assumes daily duties of the Assistant Director of Nursing in their absence at the discretion of the Director of Nursing. These duties shall include but not be limited to: review of the 24-Hour Nursing Report, obtaining resident report, and conveying it to the Director of Nursing.Presents all Basic Care audits to the Quality of Care Meeting monthly.
· Screens and approves C.N.A. employment candidates.
· Reviews pre-employment physicals and annual employee health screens; and is responsible for follow-up as applicable.
· Supervises, schedules and coordinates orientation of R.N.’s, L.P.N.’s, and Certified Nursing Assistants. This includes presentation of the appropriate job description and completion of the Orientation Checklist within 10 working days of the date of hire. Completes probationary evaluations for CNAs.
Ensures that all employees are provided with a planned orientation to facility operation and resident care, and such on the job training as necessary for each to properly perform their job assignments.
· Establishes a channel of communication for Certified Nursing Assistants by conducting follow up contact with the new hires at regularly scheduled intervals (30-60-90 days post hire). All shifts.
· Auditing the proficiency of newly employed Certified Nursing Assistants and identifying deficits and strengths in their performance to the Director of Nursing. Develops an action plan in conjunction with the Certified Nursing Assistant and the Director of Nursing to correct identified deficits. All shifts.
· Making frequent rounds to the nursing units for coaching and counseling of Certified Nursing Assistants.
Assure CNAs obtain proper number of hours as required for certification.
· Conducts the didactic program for the nurses.
· Participates in the clinical orientation program for the nurses as approved by the Director of Nursing.
· Reviews the progress of the nurse in the orientation program with the Director of Nursing.
Establishes a channel of communication with the new nurse(s) by conducting regular follow up at 30-60-90 days post orientation.
· Participates in documentation, medication, and treatment quality assurance audits.
· Attends facility quality assurance committee meetings to share information relative to the training of nursing and other departmental staff.
· Oversees general orientation for all employees including presentation of State and facility mandatory in-services, and documentation of the same.
· Prepares and distributes monthly staff development calendar and a monthly summary of programs to be submitted to the Director of Nursing and Administrator.
· Coordinates schedules and presents annual mandatory staff development for all employees. Coordinates, prepares and schedules staff development programs as necessary for all departments, and levels of staff.
Secures, develops and maintains records, reports, instructional manuals etc. pertinent to staff development programs. Maintains a record manual, which will include programs presented, attendance, and program evaluations.
· Completes assigned work in a timely manner and/or apprises supervisor of impediments in process.
· Seeks out new experiences or methods; supports implementation of change.
· Performs any other duties necessary as assigned by Supervisor.
· Participates in activities that require teamwork.
· Communicates, coordinates and cooperates with other personnel and other departments
· Represents the organization professionally.
· Interacts positively with residents, family members, personnel and visitors under a variety of conditions and circumstances.
· Promptly reports all needs and concerns to Supervisor or designated alternate.
· In compliance with facility dress code.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 – $105,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations:APPLICANT MUST BE COVID-19 VACCINATED & BOOSTED
Ability to commute/relocate:
Smithtown, NY 11787: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as hindityping.net